The first round of the internship contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered — we will be contacting the first round winners soon!
Fashion Week is fast approaching, which means it’s time for the FIJI Water New York Fashion Week Internship Contest.
For five seasons, FIJI Water has brought our interns to the center of the fashion action, and this February will be no exception — especially now that FIJI Water is the official water of the main event at Lincoln Center, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
We’re looking for four energetic interns to join us behind the scenes in New York City February 9-17, 2011. Details, contest rules, and dates are below.
A Valuable Experience and an Unforgettable Week in Fashion
Interested in fashion, event management, or PR? Add a stylish boost to your resume with a week on fashion’s frontlines. As a FIJI Water intern you will rub elbows with key fashion insiders and see the inner workings of the business up-close.
Interns not only have opportunities to distribute FIJI Water at shows from established designers like Betsey Johnson and Donna Karan to newer designers like Yigal Azrouel, but can sometimes attend these shows on their own. September 2010 Fashion Week interns even went backstage at shows for Christian Siriano and Charlotte Ronson. Not to mention all the celebrity sightings and more fabulous fashion than you can shake a $10,000 handbag at.
But it’s not all glamour — you’ll also be hefting crates of FIJI Water, representing our brand at Lincoln Center, and generally working hard (while learning a lot).
“There is nothing quite like having a personal pass into a venue full of the fashion elite…I would definitely recommend entering the contest to anyone interested in entering the fashion industry,” said Jenny Eisenberg, a September 2010 intern.
We’re looking for people with just the right mix of friendliness, enthusiasm, and passion for fashion. Think you have what it takes? Then read on:
How to Enter:
- In our comments section below post your 150-300-word response to the following: “What does ‘good taste’ in fashion mean to you?” Comments must be submitted by 11:59PM PST, December 22, 2010. Comments submitted on Facebook or anywhere other than in the comments section of this blog post will not be considered.
- Make sure you include your email address so we can contact you if you’re chosen as one of our finalists. If we can’t contact you through the email address you provide, we can’t include you as a finalist.
- Week of December 27, 2010: We’ll choose the final eight (8) candidates, who will then create their very own video in which they answer three (3) specific questions to test their fashion enthusiasm and knowledge.
- January 7-14, 2011: Visitors to this blog will be able to view the videos and vote for their favorite.
- (On or around) January 17, 2011: We’ll tally up the votes and announce our Fashion Week interns.
The Fine Print:
- Interns will receive a year of free FIJI Water Delivery.
- Sorry, this internship is unpaid and does not offer reimbursement for any travel or lodging expenses, but there will be tons of networking opportunities and hands-on experience promoting a leading brand.
- By entering the contest, candidates agree to release and hold harmless FIJI Water and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees from all claims, liability or damage caused or claimed to be caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with this contest.
- FIJI Water and its affiliates assume no responsibility for the conduct of any contestant or voter or the responses of anyone appearing in any entry.
- By participating, candidates acknowledge and accept the terms of the official rules of the contest. Additional restrictions may apply.
- By submitting your comment, you also must be willing to provide us with a photo of yourself to be used with your video.
- All candidates must be 18 years or older and a U.S. resident to participate in this contest.
Ready with your entry? Just post it in the comments box below. Good luck!